Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014

12-19-14: Work never ends... but now we're preparing for the holidays

 
 
Hello butterflies!
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'm sorry,

this is really meant as a diary,

although I might not always find the time to write daily.

 
 
 
Today I am thankful for:
so much.
 
 
That I have a safe and warm house.
That I have enough to eat (more than enough, ehem).
And of course, that today was my last day of work this year!
 
 

 
 
 
 
What happened these last days:
Nothing much, really.
I had a tranquil weekend and then started the new week on morning shift.
On Monday I went to our two-weekly obesity self-help group... I truly love the people there. They are beautiful persons, they really are. When they heard I am going to spend Christmas Eve without my family (because I am), they all reacted very compassionate and one woman even offered that I spend the evening with her and her husband and kids. Of course I won't, but I loved the gesture.
Thanks, C - have a hug.
Tuesday and Wednesday went by with work and just going to sleep real early. These last days I had a tiredness to myself that was very heavy... I guess in some former life I was an animal that uses to sleep through the entire winter, because I still could!
Yesterday afternoon after work I had an appointment with Alice. She criticized my bad eating habit of wanting to eat much less than my daily calories, then of course hunger attacks and I start to eat frantically and overeat. Have to discipline myself to eat properly, my given calories, nothing less, but nothing more either. Sounds almost too easy, but isn't so easy for me.
Movement is not as simple as it sounds either. I'm exhausted after work, and I haven't been to the gym in a month at least. Haven't been walking either, with this rainy weather. But - tomorrow I have a "walking date" with Auri. Looking forward to it!
Today was the last day of work in this year, now I'm off until 7th. Hooray!
We did a lot of cleaning from early morning to midday - exercise, hello! - and then after some sobering up at home we had a small Christmas celebration with "Käsknöpfle" (traditional west-Austrian dish, a sort of mac 'n' cheese), presents, and some fine whisky ;) was nice. But I'm happy I could leave before my boss (or worse, one of my co-workers) starts dancing on the table.
 
Looking forward to a fun weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I will not do food, exercise, stress management and love and support reports now because it has been a lot of days.
Let's just say, they haven't been the best, calorie-wise.
My progress this year in weight loss is: About 1% :(
I've lost a lot of weight early on in the year, and pretty fast, then regained some in summer and a lot during fall and now beginning of winter. All in all there have been a lot of ups and downs. Miss Yo-Yo... this is not doing me any good.
Have to discipline myself to eat healthy, enough, but not too much.
Next year will hopefully be a better year for taking good care of myself.
 
 
 

But now, we still have some days left to this year...

 

let's make them good!

 
 
 

See you, butterflies!

 

Much love

 

 
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen